“With Julius Meinl coffee you can enter the world of creative thoughts. Tradition and the present are merged into the future”
Julius Meinl has always been linked to culture and art, which often started in Vienna’s coffeehouses. Julius Meinl has inspired poets since 1862.
- Julius Meinl coffee looks back on a long tradition. It’s more than caffeine and taste.
- Taking time for a cup of coffee is an essential part of the Viennese way of life.
- It‘s a moment of creating space for inspiration.
- This is not a coincidence: Vienna and its coffeehouses have always been a place for creativity and inspiration.
- A Viennese Coffee House from the beginning is a place of inspiration- a venue for artists, lyricists and literates.
Coffee expertise since 1862
1862 - The first Julius Meinl store opens in Vienna
1891 - Julius Meinl begins roasting green coffee commercially. This enables consumers to brew higher quality coffee than that previously roasted at home.
1924 - Launch of Josef Binder’s ‘Mohr’ as company trademark.
1934 - Julius Meinl becomes one of Europe’s largest grocery retailers.
1947 - Otto Exinger, artist head of Julius Meinl advertising department, modernizes ‘the Mohr’.
1962 - Launch of ‘Jubilee Coffee Blend’, on occasion of Julius Meinl 100th anniversary.
1980 - Launch of President Coffee Blend.
1995 - Julius Meinl company buys brand Caffé del Moro.
1996 - The first Julius Meinl coffeehouse is opened in Chicago, USA.
2003 - Julius Meinl company buys brand Crem Caffe.
2004 - Logo and brand relaunch by Italian designer Matteo Thun and design of the new Meinl cup.
2008 - Launch of the Julius Meinl capsule system.
2009 - Launch of total quality concept for premium coffee service ‘Julius Meinl 1862 Premium’.
2010 - Launch of Espresso Wiener Art.
2011 - Launch of new Retail Coffee range.